At Cornell Tech
- FedEx does guaranteed 24hr printing and is usually faster than that (pick-up in person)
- For fabric posters, Spoonflower does rush shipping in about 4-5 days
- You can get packages delivered to:
Your Name, PhD Student | Cornell Tech
2 West Loop Road
New York, NY 10044
- They will then show up in the Mail Room in the basement of Bloomberg.
- You can leave FedEx and UPS boxes for pickup in the Mail Room in the basement of Bloomberg. They have packing tape available you might be able to use.
- The Mail Room hours are around 10-Noon, 3-4PM (subject to change – walk to the mailroom in the basement of Bloomberg to see signage with posted hours)
- 2nd and 3rd floor kitchen cabinets (to your left as you enter). Has pens, pencils, staples, scissors, post-its, manilla folders, markers, tissues, paper clips, etc
Card access to the building
- If you are moving to Tech and haven’t been there before, make sure you let Student Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) know ahead of time so you have a visitor pass in case your badge isn’t ready
- Current PhD students can login to https://dashboard.envoy.com with their netID@cornell.edu address to create visitor invites; specify your guest’s name, email, and duration of their visit. On Visitor Status, choose “Send up” to allow your guest to meet you upstairs without needing to be physically present downstairs with them as they collect their visitor pass (otherwise, what’s the point of an online system?)
- If you don’t have access, email email@example.com or Tamika. All current Tech PhD students should receive access. Once you’re in the system, then you can set your own password
- If Bloomberg Center is locked, you should be able to use the badge reader outside the main doors (to the right) to get access
- The building is usually open 24/7, but the 2nd and 3rd floors might be locked after hours. Just use your badge to access them.
Calendars and booking rooms
All PhD students can book 2nd and 3rd floor rooms (huddles in Cornell Tech parlance) in Bloomberg, and Bloomberg 497.
- Go to Outlook: outlook.cornell.edu
- Go to the Calendar
- Choose the time and date, then under rooms, start typing “Bloomberg”, it will show the available rooms for the time you entered. Select a room.
- If you want to send along with an email, add a description.
Alternate client: DM “roomparking” on the cornelltechcampus.slack.com and grant it access to your calendar — you send it direct messages like ‘book 256’ and the bot does the rest (contact Eugene (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have problems getting it to work)