PACT Meeting 2020-08-06
- Follow up on what we know about previous questions and concerns about summer and fall? (Anthony)
- What is the plan for when Bloomberg will open again as an office space?
- How will first year students be welcomed to campus?
- Online orientation and Info Fairs. Entirely online instruction, moving in on a case by case basis for PhDs.
- Will the campus schedule or reopening schedule for fall differ from Ithaca?
- What form will fall semester take?
- Online instruction, except for a couple exceptions (ex: Studio).
- Will funding for PACT be impacted by reductions in discretionary spending?
- House experiences with COVID-19. (Alane)
- There are a lot of long-standing issues that impact the experience of students living in the House.
- TODO [Alane]: Create a doc for people to list issues.
- TODO [Amy]: Send doc to Masters students’ Slack channel to solicit additional responses.
- Requesting volunteers for staffing orientation and info fair events. (Anthony)
- Travers to cover Info Fair on Tuesday August 25th: 8-9.
- Anthony to cover Info Fair on Wednesday August 26th: 2-3.
- TODO [Anthony]: Send volunteer assignments to Sarah Rubin.
- Orientation Student Panel on Tuesday September 1st: 11-12.
- TODO [Anthony]: Will ask again closer to date (Anthony).
- TODO [Anthony]: Ask Jackie for a list of new PhD students (or at least a count).
- Scheduling virtual happy hour. (Alane)
- Will hold it every other week virtually, to encourage more participation.
- TODO [Alane]: Create a Slack poll to schedule time (Alane).
- Starting the GPSA funding application process. (Travers)
- TODO [Travers]: Schedule meeting with Jackie to discuss requirements.
- Starting a PACT Google Drive folder. (Anthony)
- Scheduling recurring PACT meetings. (Anthony)
- TODO [Anthony]: Will ask closer to the end of August.
- Need a new ECE representative. (Anthony)
- TODO [Anthony]: Ask Jackie for a list of current ECE PhD students.
- Broad plans for using our money this year. (Anthony)
- Though we continue to have money, it’s challenging to think of what to spend it on due to Bloomberg closure and the lack of shared physical spaces.
- We can spend money in Spring more heavily, assuming students are able to work in-person.
- We can also think about activities to spend money on that could be done remotely.