PACT Meeting 2020-09-02
- Concerns, issues, and uncertainties starting this semester. [Anthony]
- How do you get things from Bloomberg or print stuff?
- Ask student services what the norm is. [Anthony]
- How to get into Bloomberg on a daily basis. [Anthony]
- Orientation. [Anthony]
- 6 incoming CS students and 6 incoming IS students.
- Student services believe they cannot release student names due to FERPA.
- Need a new ECE representative. [Anthony]
- One ECE student who is not available for this position.
- Leaving this position empty.
- House experiences with COVID-19. [Alane]
- One issue so far around getting small furniture allowed.
- Furniture policy is too strict and unwieldy for case-by-case basis.
- A lot of furniture was moved in earlier when House was less strict, and the rule then was existing, provided furniture could not be removed.
- Push for more input on the House Experience document. [Alane]
- We’ll expect to review this and publish by the next PACT meeting.
- Scheduling virtual happy hours or other social events. [Alane]
- Most available time to schedule a happy hour seems to be every-other Friday @ 5 PM.
- Schedule happy hour. [Alane ask Wenqi]
- Well-Being updates. [Natalie]
- PhD matching program, which sent out a survey last week.
- Natalie will be sending out the matches for the matching program.
- Asking Cornell Tech if we could fund a CitiBike corporate membership program for students. [Rama]
- Opt-in after 10 minimum membership.
- Unknown if Cornell Tech will have the money to pay for the corporate membership.
- Verification requires a program manager to notify CitiBike customer service within 72 hours.
- Could PACT pay for this? It would use the money we need to use, but also it’s a large commitment compared to existing money.
- Ask about faculty interest in signing up for this? [Rama]
- Add all new students to the PhD slack channel. [Eugene]
- There is an email list that is maintained by student services that reaches all PhDs, but includes administration.
- Ask IS dept for a new student list and add them to the channel. [Rama]
- Ask CS dept for a new student list and add them to the channel. [Alane]