PACT Meeting 2020-09-16
- Access to Bloomberg. (Anthony)
- Have to do a self-check procedure, even for short visits (like to pick up printing).
- TODO [Anthony]: Ask questions about needs to access Bloomberg.
- PhD Listing on Website. (Anthony)
- Student Services saying that they would update the website (publicly facing student list), but it would take a while as it’s not top priority at the moment.
- TODO [Natalie]: To get a list of PhD students, just email the list and ask them to self-identify to add them to Slack.
- Focus Groups on Tech Website Redesign. (Anthony)
- Tech website being redesigned, and they are seeking PhD input to understand PhD and PhD applicant information needs.
- House experiences with COVID-19. (Alane)
- Several issues discovered:
- Difficulty obtaining furniture, particularly furniture that will enable students to be more effective at research.
- Refunds of security deposits being withheld.
- Application fees not being refunded or poor communication.
- Timeline or process for opening up the gym to residents.
- Electricity bills charged in large lumps rather than monthly.
- Barriers to couples living together in a studio, requirements about this are unclear.
- Categories: communication, policies, billing stuff.
- TODO [Alane]: Create a new document addressed to admin.
- Scheduling virtual happy hours or other social events. (Alane)
- A bi-weekly happy hour has been scheduled now.
- Well-Being updates. (Natalie)
- Training as “Health and Wellness Officer.”
- Matches have been set up for 1-on-1 socializing.
- Even for virtual events, we need to get approval from a health officer board and record lists of participants?
- TODO [Natalie]: Ask for clarification on requirements.
- Activity Idea: Try snacks from your area; pre-register with an address. (Anthony)
- What other activities take advantage of the fact that we’re physically distributed?
- Drawing, sending everyone a box of crayons.
- TODO [Anthony]: Create funding request, create a RSVP sheet.
- Shared bikes left over from ct2chains project. (Anthony)
- Potentially buy locks, have bikes locked outside Bloomberg, and store keys in Lounge.
- TODO [Anthony]: Follow up with Rama on whether he can buy these locks.